Are you naturally curious about the science behind the myths we explore? Here are more resources for taking a deeper dive into the conservation science behind EcoMyths.
art & nature science
- Visualizations: The Nature Book of Art and Science, Martin Kemp, University of California Press, 2001
- The Science of Art: Optical Themes in Western Art from Brunelleschi to Seurat, Martin Kemp, Yale University Press, 1992
- Taking the Pencil out of God's Hand: Art, Nature, and the Face-Painting Debate in Early Modern England, Frances Dolan, PMLA, 1993
more art & nature info
- The Brushwood Center at Ryerson Woods is all about exploring the connection between art and nature
- The Field Museum's Restoring Earth exhibit brings conservation science to life through art
- Nature in Art: Celebrating the Beauty of Art – and the Nature in it: This Nature Conservancy series is packed with goodies like nature-inspired books and a quiz about nature in film.
- Got kiddos? The National Wildlife Federation has fun ways to get arty in nature